Lately I've become a little obsessed about making macarons. And it's damn hard!
Here is a quick post to show you my results for my second attempt.
Although I don't have a picture, the first time was a total fail.
My macarons turned more like macaroons, like my coconut macaroons.
They were a sticky flat mess and looked very grainy.
Here is a picture of my macarons second time around.
I tried to tint them orange but they turned pink!
I used a different recipe to see what difference it would make and it turned out reasonable but not all that great.
They were seriously pink even if it may not look like it.
The third picture is a flash one.At least they had feet!
And then there were the failures.
All the macarons were done together so it looks kind of odd with some cracked and some good enough.
ETA: They were hollow inside. Yes, the perfect ones were HOLLOW.
So they crushed in your hands. But third batch turned out okay!
I will post my third attempt in another post :)