Thursday, November 18, 2010

SUNNAN light!

See this thing?
I want it!
And I'm going to (try to) get it tomorrow.
It is a solar powered desk light from ikea called SUNNAN (great name!).
Costs $20 AUD now (was $40) and I want the green one to freshen up my room!
I love ikea and Nea (fashioned from finland) who shops there always reminds me why I love them so much.
Not that I go often at all but seeing as I got their catalogue a couple months ago I've been further enticed to go on a shopping spree.
As there is plenty of light in Australia this solar light seems to be a good idea.
I'll be testing it and I'll tell you what it's like and whether you should be purchasing it yourself!
Wish me good luck with this one!
I really do hope this turns out great since it is environmentally friendly and safer to use without cords which makes it handy to move from room to room.

3 comments:

  1. pay attnetion to the bulb - i have a full-spectrum lamp, and the bulb [element?] lst 5 YEARS - and to replace it, i could either spend $50 to get it from this company [propriatary markets. assholes.] or, erm, "convert" the OFFICIAL lightbuld of this size and make - there's a plasic cap around the socket in the lamp itself, who's ENTIRE FUNCTION is to force people to by the propriatary version. i used a drummel tool - after all, ALL they did was carve gaps into it, themselves. in the plastic, of course.


    so - check and make sure you can get lightbulbs that don't as much as the lamo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ denelian: It says it's an inbuilt LED so that might pose a problem. But the benefits might outweigh the negative aspects. I will probably have to ask the staff at Ikea to confirm. Thank you for pointing that out. That is definitely an important thing to consider (and I hate that companies do that :S).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! that different, then - there's a chance there's nothing TO change! which means a new lamp in 5 years... or maybe 10, depending on the type of LEDs it's got.
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!