What I Bought
(Prices in US dollars)
- Eyeshadow 1/8 tsp sample $1 each, Aqua Stars, Bloody Mary, Erelieva, Glitter Ghoul, Jolly Roger, Marooned, Sinister, Warped.
- Mysterious glitter 1 gram sample $1
- Lipstick sample $0.50 each, Blood, Cauldron, Glittering Poinsettia, Grape, Gunmetal Blue, Ice Queen, Licorice, Lillian, Ravenna, Serenity, Spellbound, Sugar Plum Rum, Turquoise, Violet's Kiss, Watermelon.
- Lipstick tubes $5 each (was $10)Medusa, Metallic Maiden, Pumpkin Eater, Red licorice
- Rustic lipstick tube $10
- Phantom Mineral Foundation 1/4 tsp sample $2
- Private label City Lights, Racy $3 each
- Manhunt Indelible Cream Eyeshadow $6
- Tiny scoop $0.10, 5 gm jar lid $0.15
The Product and Results
Morgana's lipstick is an utter goldmine. I know heaps of people have been raving about them but for a mineral makeup company their quality is probably the best out of all I've seen in the indie mineral makeup world. It's the real deal in just about every aspect you look at it.
The formula in the tube is quite hard and holds up well. The formula is moisturising but best applied with a lip brush for it to stay better on the lips, or it can be too oily, more specifically in the hot climate of Australia (if you live in a cool temperate area this shouldn't be a problem). Pigmentation is great - a 'one swipe' application, but you might have to reapply if you eat or drink. Colour range is extraordinary - Some very unusual ones, some complex, some unique, some perfectly done (such as the reds) and some for you normal people too (pinks, coral, red, orange, nudes)!
At the time I bought samples in bags (which were sometimes are a little dried up and not as moisturising, but the price was very affordable) which they discontinued, and lipsticks in tubes (very professional, real deal lipstick tubes), but they later introduced pots which is an idea I love! Sometimes the tube does not always hold the stick of lipstick properly so you have to be careful.
|Rustic on left, Pumpkin eater opened right, lipstick tubes.|
Daylight, Top: Glittering Poinsettia, Blood, Cauldron, Licorice, Serenity
Bottom: Ravenna, Lillian, Spellbound, Sugar Plum Rum
- Glittering Poinsettia - rich matte reddish plum (same base as 'Blood') with pretty contrasting gold glitter (one of my favourites)
- Blood - same rich matte reddish plum of 'Glittering Poinsettia' but without the glitter
- Cauldron - blackest matte black base with a lot of silver glitter. Not grey as it seems in some pictures.
- Licorice - Matte blackest black like 'Cauldron'
- Serenity - a rich clear blue, more blue than photos. More blue than aqua but with aqua shimmer. This colour is so unique, one of my favourites for the 'out there' colours.
- Ice Queen - Metallic, shimmery darkened greyed/silvery turquoise. Pretty and unique!
- Turquoise - Sparkly metallic and full of depth, darkened bluish green. Lovely and unique colour!
- Gunmetal Blue - similar to 'Spellbound', metallic darkened silver with a touch of blue.
Daylight, Top: Blood, Cauldron, Licorice, Serenity, Ice Queen, Turquoise, Gunmetal Blue
Bottom: Ravenna, Lillian, Spellbound, Sugar Plum Rum, Grape, Violet's Kiss
- Ravenna - darkened matte red. Almost black but can be spread out to show more red.
- Lillian - lovely metallic silvery cool lavender. Amazing colour that holds up the metallic light purple when worn. One of my favourites if my skin tone matched with this colour!
- Spellbound - metallic dark greyish blue. More blue than 'gunmetal blue'
- Sugar Plum Rum - complex metallic plum, much more blue than 'Blood', darker than 'Grape'. Great Autumn/Winter shade!
- Grape - nice rich mid purple, looks shimmery but applies a little more matte or flat. It's the grape colour of those bubblegum packets.
- Violet's Kiss - Shimmery plum lighter than 'Grape'. Beautiful!
- Watermelon - Slightly muted bright pink with green shimmer (not visible on lips). Unique colour combination and a great 'normal' colour.
- Pumpkin Eater - rich coppery metallic orange, a touch of brown. Not as orange as the pictures but full of impact on the lips, still wearable every day.
There are also lipglosses to be added. There is only one at the moment on the site and would love to try these soon!
Would I buy these products again?
YES, yes, yes! Can't say it enough. I'm excited to try the lipgloss if they are anything as good as the lipsticks are. I will definitely be buying the lip pots and would love to use them everyday. I think every one of the products have been done well but there are some outstanding products that have been professional, well made, complex, creative and fun! Go ahead and try it yourself!