Fyrinnae sell vegan mineral makeup products. Although they are not mineral per say by the common definition, they still create amazing products with outstanding formulas. Products include eye shadows, lip lustres, blushes and bronzers, priming products, mineral glitters, brushes, and although not currently they used to sell eye liners.
What I Bought
(Prices in US dollars)
- Pixie Epoxy full size $7.00
- Arcane Magic 'Dragonmagic' eyeshadow 1/4 tsp mini $2.00
- 'Immortality eyeshadow 1/3 tsp mini $2.00
- 'Omgwtf' eyshadow 1/3 tsp mini $2.00
- Lip Lustre 'Devil Horns' (Colour Changing) 3 ml mini $2.50
- Lip Lustre 'Candy Decadence' (Colour Changing) 3 ml mini $2.50
- Velvet gel silica primer sample $1.50
- Powder primer $1.50
- Free samples of 'Equality' and 'Glitterboi' (colour changing) eyeshadows
- Free int. shipping
- Total $21.00
Looking for Pixie Epoxy? It is in a separate in depth post here!
The Product and Results
|Looks can be deceiving. Flash at an angle showing colour change.|
|Without flash, rather dull.|
|Flash Straight on|
- Devil horns described as "This shade is a warm coral-pink with a brighter pink shimmer, which changes to a sizzling coppery-coral shade as it gets close to light. In low light (a few candles, sconce, ?) the effect tends to show up even more."
- My Thoughts: The colour changing is quite weak. In general it looks light pink shimmery texture on the lips rather than orange (the main reason I bought this was because it was supposed to be orange!). There is a slight layer of light sparkle.
- Candy decadence described as "Looks quite green/teal, or rather forest green on purple in most light, but changes to a deep shimmering plum with pink shimmer at different angles and closer to light, or in sunlight."
- My thoughts: The green shimmer is pretty strong when you apply it heavily but if your application is light it's the plum purple that comes up more (which if you're worried about green looking funny, a light wash of colour will help). The colour change isn't obvious at all on your lips and it looks more like a duochrome. You can't see the pink shimmer at all.
Some people love the lip lustres and some people hate them. You will hate them more if you have dry lips are your lips aren't full because they will settle!
|They are fully labeled even for this size.|
|Powder primer, gel primer (used a bit before)|
|Product amount of powder primer after being used a bit|
Customer service is all over the place. What I dislike the most would be the tendency for the website to go offline whether it was set by Fyrinnae or not. They frequently disable or remove products and colours. I would rather they just disabled the cart rather than the whole site so that you can decide what to get in the meantime and that current customers can check up on FAQs, etc. (and I know it is in part done to deter shoppers while they are busy). The shopping cart isn't all that user friendly; it holds your products for a max of 45 mins. There are times where I haven't always received replies from messages I've sent them and I'm not sure if that's the fault of the website or ignored deliberately.
You also have to be wary that you won't get your order shipped straight away with waiting times (as stated) that range from a few days to a month. They ship a lot faster than they indicate but you can't always depend that your order will get on time. At the time I received free international shipping which made my order totally worth it. As an international customer shipping often makes or breaks whether you will order and although they have decided to raise the purchase cost to gain free shipping, the shipping costs are still very affordable (generally under $5).
On receiving my order I'm pretty surprised that it's packed so thoroughly. It comes in a mailer with bubble wrap, corrugated paper, nicely patterned tissue paper and plastic bag (perhaps the bag isn't the prettiest to use). You can be pretty sure it will get safe to you.
Would I buy these products again?
I would buy them...The lip lustres are not the best lip product out there but they are decent and are worth the fun for the colours. For the primers I'm heading towards getting a full size. They are a great staple product. Since nothing is really a cure all, the primers are close!