Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June Adoration (+ EOTD)

Last month I've been a little preoccupied with all this cosmetic making buzz I've involved myself in. It's been interesting balancing this on the sidelines while living day to day life. But there's a lot of pleasure to be had with making such interesting colours, having this unique experience and especially being on the 'other side' of the cosmetic industry since I was a consumer of it rather than a seller.


I've played around mostly with my first colour Kristina. Here's an eye swatch I did. It looked unbelievably dramatic with such intensity I didn't anticipate. It was even too much for me to wear in the daytime (which is saying something since I'm a little crazy when it comes to day makeup). I toned it down when I wore it two other times with a pink shadow by Rimmel and a green shadow by fellow indie Meow cosmetics. It morphed into a lovely aqua tinged blue when blended out.


Garden of Shadow's Kristina with Meow Cosmetic's Tropical
Elf Shimmer eyeliner pencil in Black Bandit
I went to meet up with a few friends on the last day of June incidentally! She asked if I was going to make money at the price I was selling it for. It was a funny question because I had to think for a second whether I was or not and then began to doubt myself wondering if I was digging myself into a hole because I could be losing money. I didn't give an answer since they already moved on when I had to think about it! It's probably not the point to be swimming in cash (logistically covering costs is very advisable), more out of love, passion and fun!

Other than that I should point out that I'm still going to be reviewing like I have been. I like that side of the industry and proudly say that bloggers are a huge contributor to the 'glory' of the makeup industry. We shouldn't be cast aside because we're every day people with lives outside of blogging. We definitely don't need to be a beauty critic for a living to prove our words should be taken seriously.

Love Porcelaine.

4 comments:

  1. Wow the 2nd photo looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that shade is intense! Looooove it in the first eye swatch, and it's cool how it morphs when blended out and paired with the green. Can't wait to see more from your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shade so much! When will the full line come out? I'm pretty excited to review them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lil

    @ SilhouetteScreams: I also love the morphing. Lucky it was wearable that way!

    @ Y: I don't want to make too much of a promise just in case things don't go to plan but it looks like it will be released in 1-2 weeks. I'll release what the collection is in the coming week!

    ReplyDelete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!