Sunday, July 24, 2011

We Need To Talk!

 So I'm mostly happy with how everything has been going so far.
But I feel there is something missing.
A little interaction?
Some women, or men power! I Want YOU!
I'd like to think that even though I'm running my store that all of this is a contribution from you!
So I want to hear feedback, questions, ideas, thoughts from you guys!

I also have a few direct question I'd like to ask of you.
Here's the first: What do you think of Heartsy?
Is it open to any sellers or are they exclusive to Etsy (would I have to open an Etsy store. Verification by credit card peeves me as I'm not too sure about using credit cards online)? From what I can gather it's open to all handmade sellers...?
What amount deal would you be most interested in getting?

Second: Would you buy mini jars or would you just tend to stick with samples if you were to buy from my store?

Third: I'm wondering about making an eyeshadow colour where some profits will go to charity.
Is this something people would be interested in?
Would it be worth my effort?
How do people feel about charity causes?

That's all for now. 
I'm going to keep working on it. 
I'm committed to improving and evolving what I make, and with your help!

Love Porcelaine.

6 comments:

  1. 1. you can check how much to charge for each amount by going to other indie shops and seeing how much they charge!

    2. I would like mini jars of samples :) Much better than packets (for me at least lol)

    3. Charity eyeshadows are always nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I have no idea how heartsy works x.x I still haven't used it yet ^^'
    2) I always like mini jars :) I think full-sized jars sometimes have too much product, and mini ones are ideal.
    3) Charity is always good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your answers. I've been thinking about everything a bit more. I'm not sure about doing Heartsy. Definitely won't be right now but may consider it in the future.

    Seems like mini jars would be a popular avenue so I might consider doing it after I've finished making the current collection.

    I'll work on the charity thing too. Only thing is I have to find a charity who will publicise this cause as it is not well known.

    Keep bringing the advice in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit put off by Hearty, mostly because they let some companies in and then deny others (by telling them they're not unique enough or some BS like that), and I've seen some people have issues with sellers jacking up their postage prices while they're on Heartsy. If there was a could deal I would take it though. I just think Heartsy need to work out the kinks a bit and implement a few more rules.

    I personally prefer baggies because I'm running out of space, but I know a lot of people prefer jars instead.

    Charity eyeshadow sounds like a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By Hearty I obviously mean Heartsy*, and by 'could deal' I mean 'good deal'. *sigh* I should've read that one over before posting, haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been noticing a lot of sellers on Heartsy have dodgy products. Some stores are okay but a lot have funny product listings that don't make sense.

    Maybe I'll get mini jars after I make more colours. I've got a lot of full size and samples sitting there.

    ReplyDelete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!