Sunday, May 13, 2012

NOTD: Barry M Magnetic Nail Polish in Magnetic Burgundy

Having went to some serious shopping at a special fashion event I came across a makeup counter selling some really nice and hard to find brands! 
There was Lime Crime which I had to scowl at, and there was Barry M! 
On top of that Magnetic nail polishes immediately caught my eye with 2 shades I snapped up immediately!


After trying both shades: Magnetic Dark Silver and Magentic Burgundy; I bought both for $12 each.


Magnetic Burgundy is a stunning deepened pink, absolutely a dimensional metallic.
The magnetic effect that comes with the burgundy is a diagonal stripe.
The results are striking, very obvious! It looks quite like, dare I say, Lime Crimes Carousel lipgloss tubes but in nail polish form funnily enough!

The effect starts forming within a couple seconds and is VERY easy to do, though it recommends 10 seconds after drying a full coat. Instead I found that one coat was enough for opacity and putting the magnet with the helpful bar on top of the nail polish not too close easily brings out the stripes and stays that way.


By itself it's still a great nail polish if you don't feel like holding the magnet over. I would definitely recommend a top coat since the only downside is it's tendency to chip.

What do you think of magnetic nail polishes? Is it too gimicky or would you continue to use these?

Love Porcelaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!