Saturday, May 12, 2012

NOTD: Revlon Emerald City Matte Suede Nail Polish

I always insisted that I would never buy a matte nail polish again. 
Essie's Matte About You covers that territory. 
But the other day I fell for Revlon's Emerald City, a deep green nail polish labelled 'Matte Suede'. 
At $5 the yearning grew stronger and while I knew I shouldn't buy this...well, you've caught me there!


Emerald City is a deep green with green shimmer (green, green, green...I know). 
I was expecting a semi matte finish considering it was labelled 'suede'. 
Instead you definitely get a fully matte finish and the 'suede' is more the faintly reflective shimmer under the matte finish.

This nail polish only needs 2 coats for opacity.
I know there are some people who find matte nail polishes, errrr, revolting! 
I think there is a conception in their minds that nail polish should be a strong glossy lacquer and anything less than that is unkempt. I personally think that this shade in particular is elegant!
The good thing about Emerald City is that a top coat reveals a beautiful shimmery finish and with class.


What do you think of matte shades? Do you prefer a matte topcoat or an all in one?

Love Porcelaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!