Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Beauty Blogger Tag!

Thanks to Beauty by Shortylegs for kindly tagging me!

Here are now the rules:
* State that this tag was created by The Beau Bow
* Tag some more beauty bloggers
* Title this (as Ive done) to show what the tag is about
* Answer the questions

Here are now the questions:
*Name the beauty routine you barely do:
I almost never apply mascara. My eyelashes are very stubborn and they don't curl no matter what love I give them. Mascara coats but doesn't add much difference to my eye looks especially when you see them in real life. I love my Maybelline Lash Stiletto which has great lengthening but it's not really worth the effort. I also never fill my brows. It's something I want to do and I do shape them with clear gel. My eyebrows don't really grow in the 'right' shape and I'd rather not over pluck and fill them.

* Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
No! I have a bunch of brushes waiting right now to be washed but I tend to procrastinate. I use up brushes until I have absolutely none left and then I'll finally wash them all. I do a simple job, just a bit of hand washing liquid, water and a good scrub until the brushes run clear. Then I either lay them in the sun at a slight angle, bristle side down or use my paint brush holder. Since I only wear makeup sometimes I don't need to clean my brushes much! I also have a box of new brushes if I do run out of clean brushes!

*How long will you last with chipped nail varnish?
I will last a good week or more. My nails need to be very chipped by 10-20% before I decide to remove it all. I use Seche Vite top coat which really helps to prevent chipping. I think it's a waste to remove nail polish that it only a day old. I'm definitely not the type to redo nails that often. I only wear nail polish if I have the time so you'll often see me with bare nails (and my nails need a rest from time to time anyway!).

*How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it (ie. top coat, foundation, etc)?
I'm a huge window shopper both in store and online. I have lots of things I want and I'll search them up many times, or leave the website window open on my browser but it can take me months before and if I pluck up the courage (and the money!) to buy an item. Right now I want to get Maxfactor Ruby Fruit but I really want to get it on sale. I've been waiting 2 months already! I've never had to replace anything yet. I buy so many things at a time. I have lots of foundations that have been opened but not finished so I've never had a chance to need to buy anything. I'm a consistent shopaholic!

*What is your worst beauty habit?
I wouldn't really call it the worst or even a habit but there are a few things that I do. I'm not very good at matching colours in a makeup look, or even in art, decoration and fashion! I don't wear full makeup on a daily basis, and not even a weekly basis! I always like to wear dramatic colours and for some people that's a no-no. I don't have any concept of day vs. night, casual vs. formal, neutrals and nudes. And if you read the above, I don't wash my brushes often enough! I hoard and I'm a shopaholic!

*Name something non-beauty related you put off doing all the time?
I tend to put off everything. I'm a really slow blogger because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I put off opening makeup if I feel sentimental about it (yeah, that's still beauty related). I'm not good at getting work done or researching. I'm not a fan of taking pictures and editing them for blogging but I love writing and that's one of the only things I look forward to doing when I don't have to.

* When going out somewhere do you leave getting ready to the last minute or not?
Doing makeup usually takes longer than I had originally thought. Most of the time if I run out of time I'll skip parts of a look like doing lipstick or contouring my face. If it's something special that I'm going out for I usually plan my outfit beforehand. Otherwise I just put on sets of clothes that I know work and wear often anyway.

* Can you commit to spending bans?
I try to but usually I still spend anyway. I often justify to myself that a good sale is worth it. I've never done a complete commitment where I tell myself not to spend for a month. I try to level that out by being strict all the time but never saying no completely. I'm getting to a point where I can reason why not to buy something such as "I have something similar already" or "I have so many lip products that have a restricted shelf life so I can't buy more". I need to be better at this though because I truly have so many unused products!

* How organized is your makeup and nail polish collection?
At the moment, not organised at all! I'm trying to get rid of some things that I don't like or use, whether that's in my blog sale, in the bin, etc. Usually it's really tidy. I have boxes for new makeup, my pigments, nail polishes, drawers for my collection of lip products, eyeliners and mascaras, and containers that hold my brushes and most used products. There's a dedicated part of my table/shelf where all my cosmetics are and this hasn't changed since I started!

* What is the longest time you have gone without writing a blog post?
I've stopped blogging for months in the past as life was just too busy! In the past I was lucky to have really dedicated readers and friends who stuck by my blog. At the moment I'm trying to be really good and prepare lots of posts beforehand so that my blog doesn't go idle when I have no time to write new content. Lately a week or so has been the longest I've left it!

So those were the questions :) Here are now the people I want to tag:

Love Porcelaine.

2 comments:

  1. Really loved reading your answers sweetie :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much again for tagging me. Means the world to me! =D

      Delete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!