Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quick Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover

A couple years ago I was very interested with the hype around Double Wear. People were raving about its long wearing capabilities, natural look and matte finish. I went to get a sample of the Maximum Cover one, because I wanted something very long lasting and with full coverage, in Ivory at the Estee Lauder counter to see if it was any good.

I tried it straight when I got home and decided it would be one of the rare times I'd pull out a foundation brush to apply it. Everything went down pretty smoothly. There wasn't any streaking, it was even, very matte though quite obvious that there was makeup on my face, covered everything....except my fine facial hairs!

That was the crux of me wanting to get this or not. After applying I noticed that my hairs appeared much more obvious and the foundation didn't really cover, tint or hide it! I hadn't come across this problem with any other foundation before and was quite disappointed.

So while this foundation wasn't really that bad I was unlucky that my fine hairs weren't the same colour as my skin. Part of the reason might have been the light shade too. If you have different coloured hair to your skin then I don't recommend this foundation but if you have very fine and light hairs you may find it a good match. I wasn't able to swatch this because I put it in the pin but felt that this was important information!

P.S. Quick reviews are reviews that will give me a chance to not go into full detail of the product but get straight to the point! Hope you liked it!

Love Porcelaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!