Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Review: Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl

I've always admired Physicians Formula at a distance! Why? Well because although this brand is found in every Priceline here in Australia, all the good products never came ashore! Remember the famous Healthy Wear line a few years ago? I looked high and low for it but never saw it here!
Finally I've purchased one of their products albeit not the one I was looking for years ago but I'm not disappointed!


First thing that struck me was the fantastic packaging! The powder is pressed in a pearly pattern that looks too good to dig in! And then there's the faux pearl on the cover. Luckily it's not too over the top though the surface started to rub off so easily. You can see that the powder is actually made up of a few colours in segments and there is a pearly overspray that rubs right off.


What claims does it make? 
It's supposed to suit all skin tones, has 'pearl extract', with a set of multicoloured pearls that evens skin tone and makes you glow. It also has antioxidant properties.


What do I think? 
 It does list 'pearl extract' as an ingredient but I think it's a bit overrated considering that hydrolysed/micronised pearl powder is commonly used in cosmetics for health benefits to the skin.

Left: Natural light, Right: Flash

Mostly I'm not so sure about the antioxidant claims because even if the product contained antioxidants first it has to be a substantial amount and second this product isn't really suitable for using on the whole face.

Above: Natural light. You can see it change from white pearl to gold from the angle 
 Above: Taken with flash

It definitely suits most skin tones because of its translucent nature which allows your skin tone to peek through however I do think dark skinned people might find this slightly pearly/metallic for their skin. Nonetheless I absolutely love this powder. It truly is glowy and gives that diffused light look they use on the cameras on Oprah's TV show! Ha, what a comparison!


I find that it really suits being applied with fingers which makes the best out of glowiness (and reduces the high amount of fallout)! Otherwise if you use a brush it's more sparkly in nature. I use it more as a highlighter for my cheekbones, nose bridge and lightly on my forehead and chin. It looks really nice in both artificial and sunlight though you have to be careful not to overdo it or it can be a glitterbomb.

It's really nice to find this as "the whole package". You've got the clear lid compact making it easy to find what colour it is, there's the mirror and a token brush.


 I did try some of the other products available but loved the Translucent Pearl the best. The Light Bronze Pearl face powder is not as glowy as the Translucent and suits more as a bronzer, though good for fair skin. The blushes were a little translucent and the particles are particularly visible.

I was able to buy this at under $15 because it was 1/2 price at Priceline! That's a great bargain though I do envy the prices the USA are able to get, far cheaper than in Australia. Matching this price to the quality it's without a doubt one of my best purchases and beats all the other high street brand powders I already have!


As far as I know there are 2 other colours that aren't sold in Australia! What a shame!

Funnily enough I have Physicians Formula's actual "pearl" product like Meteorites which I got at Priceline for $1 in the bargain bin. I'll try and do a review of it too!

Love Porcelaine.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the way it looks with the pearly texture :) We do not have Physicians Formula here in Finland but I have seen a lot of videos on Youtube about it and I have always thought that the packaging is very adorable :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame they don't have it where you live! Most of their products are good quality but a little expensive. I agree, their packaging is indeed adorable!

      Delete
  2. I don't understand why we have to pay so much more for everything in Oz :o(

    Very interesting review, love all your photos

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel your pain! If I can't find things at a reasonable price here then I definitely hop online which is sad for our economy but what can one do?

      Delete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!