Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Review: Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing

A long time ago I bought the Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing while the whole world was in hyper mode about this line of BB creams, particularly the Essential one. At $5.84 USD this was a bargain from Korea. Since then I've bought the unmistakable Holika Holika Owl highlighter.


This BB cream is medium to high coverage and when applied properly you get that baby faced look which is just glowy and dewy. The texture is slightly thick but the formula is pretty pigmented. This one is called Clearing and is supposed to be good for people with oily or acne prone skin but there are 4 types altogether. However I soon ran into problems with this BB cream. The first time I tried this I loathed it and that led me to stick it in the back of my drawer never to be seen again for months to come. The problem was simple, it looked cakey and accentuated my dry patches of skin.

Recently I gave this product another chance. On a day where my face happened to be in bright smooth condition I applied Lancome La Base Pro primer first, then applied the BB cream. I got that baby faced look that wowed me and the colour was right, naturally paler than my skin tone how I like it without being intensely greyish. I found that it didn't slip off my face too easily and I didn't get an overly oily t-zone on these mild days.


The packaging is simple but adequate for the price. On my hand swatch you can see a slight cakeyness because my hand is a little dry but you can also see a slight sheen that adds a little glow and a bit of flakiness.


So again I'm in two minds about this foundation. If you have quite good skin or are somewhat oily all over you can definitely get away with using this cheap product and get amazing results. However if you're like me and your skin is not normally its best everyday it might be challenging trying to get a smooth effect. I'm still using it and some days it looks pretty good, other days I have to fiddle with a few products to get it working but it's not bad enough for me to stop using it and is really good value.

I'll be reviewing and swatching the Owl Highlighter next! Have you tried Holika Holika? Have you tried their BB Creams or their highlighters and blushes?

Love Porcelaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!