Thursday, December 12, 2013

Update: Where will I be next year?

One of the unexpected things I hadn't really thought about until now is that there's a high possibility I'll be going overseas for an entire year next year. So with that in mind I realised that my incredible cosmetics haulage won't be coming along with me!


Posts to come?
  • OCC Lip Tars - A review, how to post and comparison of 10 colours I currently own.
  • Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing
  • Holika Holika Owl in #1 Highlighter (pictured above)
  • Essence Metal Glam and Crystal Eyeliner Review
  • Vegan Beauty Review - This is a review of a local Australian store and how my order went.
  • Enprani Super Aqua Emulsion & Toner - This is a Korean skincare brand!
  • Ebay reviews - I'm going to start doing quick reviews of products I've bought on Ebay. It's a bit of a jungle on Ebay so I'm going to warn of junk and rewarding products.
  • And I know I've been saying this one for ages... but the Napoleon Perdis Review Part 3 will finally be posted!
Recent Posts?

There are also going to a couple of minor changes to this blog.
First I'm going to start doing nail swatches on nail wheels. This past year my nails have suffered from overusing nail polish. Secondly, I've set myself a goal of posting twice a week. So far this year I've been on and off averaging once every week or two and though I've tried so hard to queue posts sometimes life is just too busy even to do that. Recently I've been targeting my backlog of posts that I promised. However before I move overseas I will be stacking posts to last me a month or two.

Don't worry, I won't stop blogging. Hopefully I will be able to collect some items that I can blog about in a strange new land. Some dreams yet to be fulfilled include going to London IMATS and to the Mera Luna Festival in Germany, buying Soap & Glory, Origins, Sleek, Essence, Catrice, Real Techniques, Illamasqua and the list goes on. I know many of these brands are available in Australia but I still want more...and if they have a good sale of course!

Any fellow bloggers ever had some life challenges while blogging? What changed and how did you adapt?

Love Porcelaine.

4 comments:

  1. Where will you be headed? I had to get rid of a lot of my cosmetics and stuff when I moved overseas because I wasn't sure if/when I'd be coming back, but if you have a place to keep those things they'll be there waiting for you. That, and there will be new stuff to discover wherever you go and you'll want to haul it all back with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be going to Switzerland. I will be keeping everything I don't bring at my home in Australia for sure. It's just the decisions of what to bring that is the hardest and also how to keep things from going off. My fridge might be full of cosmetics! How did you go with finding products that you use at home in a new country? I'm afraid I won't be able to purchase regular products like my favourite shampoo and conditioner.

      Delete
    2. I just ended up finding replacements for things like that. Unless you're moving to the middle of nowhere, there should be good options for personal care stuff (or maybe even the same thing - have you tried googling it?) But my move was US to UK so the choices were at least sort of similar. If you're really dedicated to that shampoo you can bring a bottle in your hold luggage - of course, that means less space for other stuff like clothes and makeup. :P

      Delete
    3. I've been researching and so far I haven't found the products I was looking for where I will be. The UK has some of the stuff so I might have to make a trip there when I run out. I will bring one bottle just to hold me over. I use T-gel for anti-dandruff and that's important for me but if I can't find it I will have to try other brands and see if any work as well. It's not a big deal and while it would be great to have everything I will ever need I'll survive! Thanks for the advice. My suitcase is quickly filling up!

      Delete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!