Friday, January 3, 2014

2013: Best In Beauty, A Year in Retrospect

I think people really want to know what's the best out there rather than what's the worst because there's a glimmer of hope and a sense of possibility for what these products can do for you. In 2012 there were a wide variety of products and technology but what did 2013 bring? So without further ado here are my picks for this year's very best!

Benefit Watt's Up? Highlighter - While the packaging is a little needless the product itself adds an instant highlight that is flattering and most of the time you get a flawless effect. If you like this product you might want to check out the Physician's Formula product below!



Essence Me & My Icecream Shimmer Pearls in I-CY U - There were a few things from this collection that stood out including the flattering Blush Ice Bomb and the Caviar Nail Stickers in Rainbow Sprinkles, but the Shimmer Pearls surprised me with its brightening smoothing finish. It's not sparkly so it would please just about anyone.


OCC Lip Tars - This one's an oldie but a goody. I first bought them last year but thought it was best not to include them in last year's best of post since I didn't mention them apart from having bought some at IMATS. These lipcolours are full on, fade beautifully and lasts through light meals. Since adding new finishes like metallics their products are still consistently good.


Physician's Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl - I think this is pretty much a HG and great value. This highlighter works on most skintones, is easy to apply and looks lovely. Check out the review and you'll know what I mean!


Savvy by DB's Galaxy - This one photo really can't capture all there is to this nail polish because it's a real chameleon! It was $3 and is a dupe for Chanel's Peridot. Savvy By DB also has another great shade called Razzle and Dazzle.


Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Lava - This was the best of all the collection and was a lovely and unusual orange to pink multichrome. By now everyone should know how much I like multichromes and while this is not the biggest shifter it's really the whole package: elegant, high impact, a good finish and wear time.


Maxfactor's Ruby Fruit - I stalked this colour for several months after a friend of mine wore this (in fact once just for me!) before snatching it up and I wasn't disappointed. It's almost black without being so, is the highest gloss and is almost jelly like. This definitely beats Fantasy Fire out of the park!


Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Brazen - The Alter Ego Mystery Box landed in the Worst of 2013 but this blush was the best product that came in the box. I've always been a lover of colour and drama and this is extremely pigmented but easy to blend out.


Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream - Time and time again I always come back to this foundation and with a bit of prep this outperforms my Make Up Forever HD Foundation (former HG status), Baviphat Magic Girls BB and Skin79 Hot Pink BB.


So that's the Best in Beauty of 2013! 
What have you tried? Are there products you bought after reading my reviews?

Love Porcelaine.

2 comments:

  1. Great nail polishes and I love Physician's Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried the powder before? Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!