Sunday, February 9, 2014

NOTD: Essence Sparkle Sand Effect Nail Polish in Me & My Lover

When the sand effect nail polishes came out I was very eager to try OPI's rendition but couldn't stomach their ridiculous prices. Finally cheaper brands are catching on and Essence, one of my favourite budget brands has released a few of these sand effect nail polishes. 


I chose two shades but this nail of the day is of the Sparkle Sand Effect nail polish called My & My Lover ($2.75). This shade is a cool red with gold sparkle. What I didn't realise before buying this product is that the texture is truly akin to sand and when first applied my nails were rough and abrasive. The nail polish took painfully long to dry which was the only downside. I used three coats and it mostly held up without chipping too fast.


 I did try applying a top coat over Me & My Lover and found that while it did give a little more gloss the base was too absorbent and my Seche Vite top coat didn't give the full gloss it normally does. If you are looking to transform this shade to its glossy potential it definitely would take at least two coats but I can say for sure that it would be beautiful and gleamy.

Up next, another Sparkle Sand Effect nail polish in Here's My Number.
 Do you like the look of matte polishes or do you prefer a high gloss instead?

Love Porcelaine.

1 comment:

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!