Thursday, March 13, 2014

Review: Sugarpill Addicted to Pretty Burning Heart Palette

I admit that despite being an insane beauty addict with eyes for only the most bright and spectacular colours I took a hell of a long time catching onto the Sugarpill craze. Mark my words when I say that I have carefully watched this brand from before it was first realised till now. When the timing felt right, a Cyber Monday sale, I jumped at the opportunity and now this beautiful palette has come with me on my travels!


The Addicted to Pretty Palette in Burning Heart is a coordinated 4 colour palette. It's obvious what these colours are about. They are bold and all matte, basically a true yellow (Buttercupcake), orange (Flamepoint), red (Love +) and purple (Poison Plum). The product lifts easily from the pan packing an intense punch. It has great staying power, is finely milled and blends easily.


The only letdown would be Buttercupcake as it has a slight translucency that makes your skin colour peek through and must have a white or light base for it to really show up true to pan (basically the darker the colour the better the coverage). Each pan is huge, over 3.5cm wide. At US$34, that's about $8.50 each shade, it's reasonably priced especially considering the value but I snapped it up at $25.50 which made this even sweeter. Each shade can be purchased separately at $12 each which is definitely more on the high end price.


Nevertheless I think buying this palette or any Sugarpill products is all about the whole package. The palette itself looks amazing and with the mirror inside it's a handy but compact toolkit that has made my travels easier. Would I buy this again? Certainly, however the other palettes available has not wowed me as much though I'm still optimistic with what Sugarpill will release in the future.


Are you a Sugarpill fan? For you how does this compare to other big brands like MAC and Inglot?
Much more to come as you can see above!

Love Porcelaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have Opinions? Let them out! Have Questions? I'm here to help!